• Whatever the speed limit is, add ten to that and you’ll be going the appropriate speed.
• If the car in front of you is in the right lane with their left blinker on, odds are they are turning right. Just cut them a brake, apparently their car’s blinker operation is too complicated for them.
• If there is slightly less than a car’s length of space between you and the car in front of you, that’s adequate space for another car to slide right in.
• If you drive a large vehicle, such as a truck or van, you are allowed to take up two parking spaces.
• If you drive a rather expensive car, such as a BMW or Mercedes, you have the right to drive like you are the only vehicle on the road. This rule especially holds true if you are driving in Scottsdale or you have a personalized license plate.
• It’s ok if you don’t have the state required liability insurance. If you get in an accident, just keep driving like it didn’t even happen.
• When a cop has someone pulled over be sure to slow down to at least 10 miles below the speed limit to ensure that he doesn’t stop writing the person he has pulled over a ticket and get into his car and chase after you.
• If there is an accident, someone pulled over or just a dust devil running across the road, be sure to slow down to 10-15 miles below the speed limit and analyze the situation.
• If you don’t know where you are going or forgot that you have to turn at the stoplight 10 feet ahead, go ahead and cut the three lanes of traffic to get where you need to be or, if you need to, just stop in the middle of the road or the highway until you can get over.
Thank you for reading, following these “rules” will help to maintain the safety of the roads and their drivers here in AZ.